The Curriculum Intent for Computing can be summarised in these ways:
- A learner-centred teaching approach. Use of DRICE to ensure learners deepen thinking, learning is role modelled appropriately, pupils are challenged and engaged.
- Using the Building Learning Power approach, our pupils will work collaboratively throughout the curriculum, persevere with new learning, revise previous learning and question to deepen learning.
- Lessons which equip children to become digitally literate in order to participate in the rapidly changing world where work and leisure are increasingly transformed by technology.
- The SMART online safety rules are taught and revisited throughout the school year to ensure children are are of how to keep themselves safe and be a respectful member of the online community.
- Coverage includes spreadsheets, internet and email, art and design, music, databases and graphing, writing and presentation, communications and networks and particular emphasis on coding and computational thinking.
- We use the Purple Mash programs to support our teaching and learning.
Our Computing subject leader is Mrs Jenny King.