The Curriculum Intent for Computing can be summarised in these ways:
- A learner-centred teaching approach ensuring learners deepen thinking, learning is role modelled appropriately, pupils are challenged and engaged.
- Lessons which equip children to become digitally literate in order to participate in the rapidly changing world where work and leisure are increasingly transformed by technology.
- The SMART online safety rules are taught and revisited throughout the school year to ensure children are are of how to keep themselves safe and be a respectful member of the online community.
- Coverage includes spreadsheets, internet and email, art and design, music, databases and graphing, writing and presentation, communications and networks and particular emphasis on coding and computational thinking.
- We follow the Kapow scheme of work in Key Stage 1.
Our Computing subject leader is Mrs Jenny King.