In Science, we will inspire our children by giving them the opportunities to pursue their natural curiosity; promoting the experience of exploring and investigating scientific phenomena, in a range of contexts, to ensure a continually evolving knowledge and understanding of the world around them. Our children will be encouraged to ask questions, take risks, experiment, reflect, make and learn from mistakes, in a safe environment; whereby they acquire and apply core skills which equip them for an ever-changing world.
The Curriculum Intent for Science can be summarised in these ways:
· A learner-centred teaching approach to ensure learners deepen thinking, learning is role modelled appropriately, pupils are challenged and engaged.
· Accessible for all, helping children to develop regardless of academic achievement and ability.
· Engaging and creative, with lessons using real life examples as a link to investigations/experiments, where possible.
· A series of lessons which plans for progression and depth.
· Concepts taught are reinforced and further explored through a range of scientific enquiries and investigations.
The Science Subject Leader is Mrs Jenny King.