Welcome to St. James' C of E Infant and Nursery School
Our Mission Statement is: In our school we encourage happiness, kindness and respect, with a love of life and learning within our Christian environment.
Our Ethos Statement is: St James' C of E Infant and Nursery School, Whitehaven provides education accordance with the principles and practices of the Church of England. Worship, religious education and spiritual, moral, social and cultural development are at the heart of every aspect of the work of this school.
- Allow every child to flourish
- Encourage children to develop a love for learning
- Provide a range of first hand experiences to inspire curiosity
- Teach the importance of caring and respect for others
To do this we will:
- Provide a vibrant, happy, caring and secure environment where children feel valued
- Encourage parents to take an active role in their child’s learning
- Develop opportunities for the children to become involved in the wider community
- Provide an inclusive challenging curriculum to ensure that ALL children become confident learners
Our Christian Values underpin everything we do here at St James' Infant and Nursery School. We have 12 values which are:
Friendship, Kindness, Forgiveness, Justice, Respect, Trust,
Courage, Thankfulness, Hope, Perseverance, Humility and Peace.
St James' prides itself on its close relationship between staff, governors, parents, pupils and the wider community. If you have any questions about St James' Infant and Nursery please feel free to contact the office where we will be more than happy to help. Staff and governors can be also contacted at any time if you have concerns.
Starting school can be bewildering and worrying. We try our best to put everyone at their ease and help your child settle in. We have produced some guides to help you navigate the school day.
Please click on the guides below.
Our school days run as follows:
7.45am Breakfast Club opens (for those that require it)
9.00am Start of School Day (Registration 9.00-9.05am)
10.25am Collective Worship
11.00am Lessons resume
1.00pm Registration for Afternoon Session
3.15pm End of School Day
3.15pm-5.15pm After School Club (for those that require it)
Parent View is a website that gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about your child’s school.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of your child’s school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. They will use the information you provide when making decisions about which schools to inspect, and when.
Click here or on the image below to go to the Parent View website.