Welcome to St. James' C of E Infant and Nursery School
Our vision is to teach children to ‘Choose the right path’
Based on Proverbs 22:6
“Teach children to choose the right path, and when they are older they will remain upon it ”
Our mission statement is to provide strong foundations in an inspirational environment, based on our Christian values, where children can be happy and have a love of learning, preparing them for life’s journey.
We aim to:
· Allow every child to flourish.
· Encourage children to develop a love for learning.
· Provide a range of first hand experiences to inspire curiosity.
· Teach the importance of caring and respect for others.
· Provide children with a rich and memorable curriculum to enable children to choose the right path.
To do this we will deliver a curriculum which will:
· Offer our children a rich, memorable and enjoyable education built upon first hand experiences.
· Have the highest expectations of all of our learners ensuring that they always give us their best.
· Encourage enquiring minds to develop resilient learners, who become strong independent learners who see problems as a challenge they wish to tackle.
· Provide an inclusive curriculum, which will aim to overcome any barriers to learning that prevent our pupils from succeeding.
· Ensure use of collaborative learning so pupils work effectively with others.
· Develop understanding of our Christian Values and put them at the heart of everything we do utilising our links with St James’ Church.
· Promote a positive self-image in our pupils so that they understand how wonderful they are and can empathise with others.
· Provide children with a range of first hand experiences which enhances their cultural capital.
Our Christian Values underpin everything we do here at St James' Infant and Nursery School. We have 12 values which are:
Friendship, Kindness, Forgiveness, Justice, Respect, Trust,
Courage, Thankfulness, Hope, Perseverance, Humility and Peace.
St James' prides itself on its close relationship between staff, governors, parents, pupils and the wider community. If you have any questions about St James' Infant and Nursery please feel free to contact the office where we will be more than happy to help. Staff and governors can be also contacted at any time if you have concerns.
Starting school can be bewildering and worrying. We try our best to put everyone at their ease and help your child settle in. We have produced some guides to help you navigate the school day.
Please click on the guides below.
Our school days run as follows:
7.45am Breakfast Club opens (for those that require it)
9.00am Start of School Day (Registration 9.00-9.05am)
10.25am Collective Worship
11.00am Lessons resume
1.00pm Registration for Afternoon Session
3.15pm End of School Day
3.15pm-5.15pm After School Club (for those that require it)
Parent View is a website that gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about your child’s school.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of your child’s school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. They will use the information you provide when making decisions about which schools to inspect, and when.
Click here or on the image below to go to the Parent View website.