The Curriculum Intent for Maths can be summarised in these ways:
· A learner-centred teaching approach. Use of DRICE to ensure learners deepen thinking, learning is role modelled appropriately, pupils are challenged and engaged.
· Accessible for all, helping children to develop regardless of academic achievement and ability.
· Engaging and creative, with lessons using real life examples to promote love of Mathematics and problem-solving.
· Promoting resilience so all learners understand getting something wrong can be the first step to succeeding.
· Staged approach, taking learners on a journey through small steps with fluency, reasoning and problem-solving elements.
· Resourced well, with all children having access to a range of equipment to support their learning.
The 'White Rose' resources are used to form the foundations of our learning throughout the school, with other Mastery resources being used to supplement our curriculum.
The subject lead for Maths is Miss Powell